- Wiki Tutorial Video
- Creating a Wiki Page
- How to Edit Wiki Content
- How to Link to Other Wiki Pages
- How to Comment on a Wiki Entry
A wiki is a collaborative tool that allows you to contribute and modify one or more pages of course related materials. A wiki provides an area where users can collaborate on content. Users within a course can create and edit wiki pages that pertain to the course or a course group. Instructors and students can offer comments, and your instructor can grade individual work.
Double-click the video to enlarge the viewing area.
- On the wiki topic page, click Create Wiki Page on the action bar.
- On the Create Wiki Page, type a name and information in the Content text box. You can use the content editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups.
- Click Submit.
Any course member can edit a course wiki page and any group member can edit a group wiki page. All course members, including your instructor, edit in the same way.
When a user is editing a wiki page, it is locked for a duration of 120 seconds to prevent others from editing the same page. If you try to edit a page someone else is editing, you are informed that another user is currently editing the page.
- On the wiki topic page, click on the wiki page to edit it.
- Click Edit Wiki Content.
- On the Edit Wiki Page, make the necessary changes.
- Click Submit to save your work.
If a wiki consists of many pages, you can insert a link to another page to help organize information for easy access. You can only create links to other wiki pages when at least two pages exist. In the content editor of the page you are working on, you will see the link icon in the third row of functions.
- On the wiki topic page, select the wiki page where you want to place the link.
- Click Edit Wiki Content.
- On the Edit Wiki Page, position your mouse pointer where you want to add a link to another wiki page.
- Click the Link to Wiki page function in the content editor, represented by several sheets of paper. If only one page exists in the wiki, this function is disabled.
- In the Insert Wiki Page Link pop-up window, select the wiki page to link to from the drop-down list.
- Optionally, type a name for the link in the Rename Wiki Page Link text box. If you do not rename the link, the original page title is used as the link.
- Click Submit. The link appears in the content editor.
- On Edit Wiki Page, click Submit. The link appears in the wiki page.
- On the wiki topic page, select the wiki page you want to comment on.
- Click Comment to add your thoughts.
- Click Add. To view all the comments, expand the Comments link.